Sunbrella hammocks are one of the best hammocks you can use if you intend to go hammock on the beach. With a Sunbrella hammock, you will get to enjoy the beautiful feeling of the hammock on your body. You will also get to enjoy comfort at its peak. However, you might have one or two problems regarding cleaning a Sunbrella hammock.
People often ask for the right method to clean a Sunbrella hammock as they wouldn’t want a scenario where they ruin the quality of the fabric. Well, cleaning the hammock is pretty simple. Below are the necessary guides to help you clean your Sunbrella hammock.
How To Clean Sunbrella Hammock
There are different methods you can use to clean your Sunbrella hammock. The method you should use largely depends on the type of dirt on the hammock. Here are the methods you might find useful.
- Spot Cleaning
- By Using Bleach
- By Using the Washing Machine
1. Spot Cleaning
This is the first method you can use to clean your Sunbrella hammock. If your hammock is stained lightly, you can simply spot clean them. This is very easy as all you need is a brush and mild soap.
- Put a little water on the dirty spot.
- Once this is done, you can spray a mild soap on the dirty spot. I recommend the quart multi-surface cleaner. This cleaner is excellent for cleaning or removing mild dirt from fabrics and hammocks.
- The moment you apply the cleaner to the surface of your hammock, you can go ahead to use a soft brush to gently wash the stain off your hammock.
- You should rinse the hammock or dirty spot thoroughly the moment you are done using the soft brush. Take the hammock out and allow it to air dry after raising.
- Depending on the weather, it shouldn’t take more than 3 to 4 hours for your hammock to be dry and ready for use.
2. By Using Bleach
If the spot or mild cleaning method doesn’t work for your Sunbrella hammock, you should use the bleach method. The bleach method is a stronger method than the mild cleaning method and it is used to remove stains that are much more stubborn.
Precision is very important if you are going to be using the bleach method for your hammock. While Sunbrella hammocks are known to be very strong and durable, you wouldn’t want anything reducing the beauty of your hammock.
Using the bleach method is pretty simple.
- All you need is bleach, mild soap, water, a brush, a sponge, and a host of other things.
- Firstly, mix a cup of bleach and ¼ cup of mild soap. This mix should be per 1 gallon of water.
- Once you have mixed it, you can use your brush to scrub the dirt on the Sunbrella hammock.
- Allow the hammock to soak the solution for as long as 15 minutes. The moment the tie is up, you should clean the surface of the hammock with a soft brush or a sponge.
- Do not forget to raise thoroughly. You need to rinse the hammock at least 2 times if you intend to use the bleach method. Air dry the hammock for at least 4 hours before you use it.
You might be worried about the bleach ruining your hammock. Well, you should know Sunbrella hammock cannot be easily affected. The only thing that might get affected by the bleach is the thread(that is if you use a thread to sew or beautify your hammock).
3. By Using the Washing Machine
Just like other hammocks, the Sunbrella hammock can also be cleaned using a washing machine. It is one method that saves you a lot of stress and time. If you do not have the tie to use a brush or prepare a bleach, you can easily use a washing machine to clean your hammock.
Using a washing machine is pretty simple.
- All you need to do is pour a mild soap into the washing machine and put your Sunbrella hammock inside.
- Once you are done, take your Sunbrella hammock out ad allow it to air dry for at least 4 to 6 hours.
- Do not use a heater to dry your hammock. Also, you shouldn’t dry clean the hammock as it will affect the quality.
Video Guide 👇👇👇
Can I Use Vinegar to Clean Sunbrella Hammock?
Vinegar is one popular stain removal a lot of people use. You can always use vinegar on your Sunbrella hammock. if you are looking to remove stubborn stains in your hammock, vinegar should be your go-to option.
When using vinegar, you should know that there is a method of application or usage. If it isn’t properly applied, you might end up ruining the hammock. Mix a cup of white vinegar per one gallon of water with half a cup of handwashing liquid. Apply it to the dirty spots on your Sunbrella hammock and use a brush to clean the spots. Rinse the hammock and sundry once you are done washing it.
How Do I Maintain my Sunbrella Hammock?
Maintaining your Sunbrella hammock is a pretty easy thing to do. All you need to do is follow the tips below.
- Always Store your Hammock in a dry Place
This is the first ad most important thing to do if you are looking to maintain your hammock. You need to always store your Sunbrella hammock in a cool and dry place. If you store your hammock in damp places, the chances of moisture or water ruining your hammock are pretty high.
Apart from water, another thing that can ruin your hammock is storing it in a hot or warm place. You need to pay attention to the temperature where you store your hammock. The hotter the temperature, the lesser the tendency for your hammock to last over time.
- Never Dry Clean your Hammock
While drying your Sunbrella hammock seems like a pretty good and faster way to get it to dry, it is one method that will affect the durability of your hammock over time. You must never dry clean your hammock as the heat will affect and lead to tears in the hammock.
Do not use a dryer for your hammock, if you want your hammock to dry quickly, you air should dry the hammock.
- Always Use a Soft Brush
The ability to remove a tough stain doesn’t depend on the hardness of the brush, it depends on the soap or bleach you use. Using a hard brush for your Sunbrella hammock might ruin the material. Always use a soft brush when cleaning your hammock.
MORE TIPS ON HAMMOCK 👇👇👇
How Do I Keep My Hammock From Sagging? (4 STEPS)
How To Swing On A Hammock (2 Methods/Video)
How Can I Make My Hammock More Stable?
There are different methods you can use to clean your Sunbrella hammock, each of the methods and steps on how to go about it has been discussed in the article above. Everything you need to know about Sunbrella hammocks has also been discussed above.