The Equip hammock is one of the most popular types of travel hammock, though it could also be used as an indoor hammock as well as, in other related scenarios.
In this article, I will show you how you can set up an equip hammock in two basic and easy-to-follow methods.
How to Set up Equip Travel Hammock?
Below are two methods that you can use to set up your equip hammock.
- Method 1: Setting up An Equip Travel Hammock With A Tree
- Method 2: Setting up Equip Hammock Interior
Method 1: Setting up An Equip Travel Hammock With A Tree
In this first method, I will show you how to hang an equip hammock from a tree.
- Wrap the hanging rope around the tree
- Pull the hanging rope tight
- Attach Carabiners to Hanging Rope
- Attach a Carabiner to The Other Side of The Tree
- Ensure Hammock is secure and 18 above the ground
- Hold on To the Sides and Sit on The Hammock
- Pivot your body and swing your legs in
In Details 👇👇👇
- Step 1: Wrap the hanging rope around the tree
When setting up an equip hammock, the first thing I often consider is, wrapping the hanging rope around the tree. Almost every hammock you set up today will either be done using a rope or a tree strap, as the case may be.
- Step 2: Pull the hanging rope tight
The next step you will consider is pulling out the hanging rope. This is necessary because once a rope is tied firmly to the tree, it helps to get your hammock hung properly without it dropping or sagging down.
In that case, the image below shows how you can pull a rope to make it firm against the tree.
- Step 3: Attach Carabiners to Hanging Rope
Carabiners are often used as tools to hang your hammock, either on a rope or with hammock straps. There are several carabiner alternatives today. It often serves as a clip, bridging the gap between the rope and the hammock.
- Step 4: Attach a Carabiner to The Other Side of The Tree
As I mentioned earlier, carabiners are essential, when you need to get your hammock hung. The first side of the rope has been added with a carabiner, which is been linked with the hammock itself. You will also have to consider doing the same for the other rope.
- Step 5: Ensure Hammock is secure and 18 above the ground
This is also an essential factor when it comes to setting up equip hammock. On a more general basis, a hammock must be hung at least 18 ‘above the ground and be considered secure, especially for those intending to use it.
- Step 6: Hold on To the Sides and Sit on The Hammock
Now, your hammock is ready to be used. Hold on to the sides of the hammock and sit on it. This is also the time when you will have to consider evaluating the hammock, and whether it will need further adjustments or not. If there is a call for adjusting your hammock, in terms of the height, or any other factor it could, you can consider doing so without hesitation.
- Step 7: Pivot your body and swing your legs in
The next step is to consider enjoying your equip hammock, by Pivoting your body and swinging your legs in.
Video Guide 👇👇👇
Are Going For Camping, See 20+ Camping Must Haves and Camping Accessories (27 Checklist!)
Method 2: Setting up Equip Hammock Interior
While the first step shows how you can set up an equip hammock, in the following steps I will show you how you can easily set up an equip hammock interior.
- Locate set-up space
- Locate your studs
- Mark your drill holes
- Verify stud location with a hammer
- Drill the guide holes
- Mount your hanging kit
- Repeat on the opposite site
- Ensure mounts are secure
- Hang your hammock and enjoy
Each Step In Details 👇👇👇
- Step 1: Locate set-up space
Undoubtedly, not every space within the room can be considered appropriate, when it comes to setting up an equip hammock. In that case, I often try my best to look for the best space within my room that will be quite suitable for this.
- Step 2: Locate your studs
Once, you are able to choose the perfect place to hang your hammock. The next step to consider is using a stud finder to find the studs available in your room.
- Step 3: Mark your drill holes
By using the hook placed directly on the wall, you should be able to mark the drill holes. Drill holes will be used to place the hook on the wall.
- Step 4: Verify stud location with a hammer
Verify the location of the wall stud using a hammer, this is to get a perfect insight of the wall stud and its position.
- Step 5: Drill the guide holes
Now it is time to drill the holes. This can be done using a drill machine.
- Step 6: Mount your hanging kit
Kits such as the hook are considered in this step. Therefore, you have o consider using the drill machine to mount your hanging kit using a screw.
- Step 7: Repeat on the opposite site
Consider doing the same for the opposite stud. You can follow the steps that I have mentioned in this article in order to get that successfully done.
- Step 8: Ensure mounts are secure
The mounts must be firm to the wall. You can try using your hand to pull it out, to know how strong they are.
- Step 9: Hang your hammock and enjoy
You can now consider hanging your hammock on the mount using a carabiner.
Consider – How Can I Make My Hammock More Stable?
Video Guide 👇👇👇
How to Set up An Equip Hammock Stand
In this section of the article, I will be showing you how to set up an equip hammock stand easily.
- Get all pieces on the ground
- Remove rubber caps from the bases
- Connect the crossbar to the bases and screw bold tightly into place
- Connect hammock frame bar to bases and screw bolts tightly into place
- Screw the wingnut to fix the hook
- Hang Hammock appropriately so it doesn’t scrape the screw or wing the nuts
Each Step In Details 👇👇👇
- Step 1: Get all pieces on the ground
First, consider placing all pieces on the ground for easy identification.
- Step 2: Remove rubber caps from the bases
Consider the rubber caps from the iron’s rim. This is necessary since other iron will have to pass through them.
- Step 3: Connect the crossbar to the bases and screw bold tightly into place
Check out the crossbar in the iron, and consider connecting the bases with the crossbar.
Then, later on, ensure the screws are tight enough
- Step 4: Connect hammock frame bar to bases and screw bolts tightly into place
While the above steps were about connecting the crossbar with the bases. In this step, you will have to consider connecting the frame bar with the bases and also ensuring they are screwed tightly.
being more conscious of the size of your hammock.
- Step 6: Screw the wingnut to fix the hook
To get the hook to stay firm in the stand, you have to consider screwing the wingnuts available on the hook.
- Step 7: Hang Hammock appropriately so it doesn’t scrape the screw or wing the nuts
- Step 8: Relax and Enjoy your hammock!!!
How Long Does It Take to Set up An Equip Hammock?
Setting up an equip hammock is pretty easy and less difficult as compared to when setting up other hammock types. If you are too slow, or probably a novice, then setting up an equip hammock should not exceed 5 minutes.
While, if you are already used to the system, then, a duration of 1-2mins will be perfect for setting up an equip hammock.
An equip hammock is one of the most popular types of travel hammock. Setting it up can be difficult at times. Therefore, in this article, I have provided you with a complete guide on how to set up an equip hammock.
In this article, I explained how the equip hammock can be set up in two cases.